About the role:
As the DON, you will be responsible for the general running of the hospital. Working alongside a well-established care team, your key daily activities will include; Hospital Licensing compliance, annual personal review and development process, staff cost and retention, agency staff ratios, surveys, length of stays and patient satisfaction surveys and compliments/ complaints.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to be part of a growing organisation with room for development within. Our client prides themselves on high levels of service and care while maintaining a vibrant and enthusiastic team.
The perfect candidate will have the opportunity to be the Director of Nursing of a small facility in Sydney’s Inner West, offering comfortable accommodation in attractive and spacious single or two-bed rooms. As a key member of the Management team, you will be able to advise on best practise and support changes coming in from a management level.
- Current registration as a registered nurse (no restrictions)
- At least 5 years post basic or post graduate nursing experience in an acute mental health setting.
- At least 2 years administrative experience in the position of or more senior than that of nursing unit manager in a hospital.
- Experience working alongside clientele with a range of conditions
- Knowledge of both inpatient care and day patient programs
- Demonstrated leadership and consultative management style.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer literacy.
- Desirable – Postgraduate qualifications in Management or equivalent.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development opportunities
- Beautiful location and amenities
- Competitive Salary
- Salary Packaging available
- Leadership of a fantastic Hospital with a stable workforce
- A hugely supportive management team