A well regarded Aged Care organisation is looking for Diversional Therapists to join their team. As a Diversional Therapist you will aid, assist, and facilitate various activities throughout the facility to create a fun and dynamic culture with the residents. When taking on this rewarding role, you will help improve resident's quality of life, assist in their social well-being and creatively find ways to intertwine individualistic needs with the fun opportunities the residential community has to offer.
To be a successful candidate, you must obtain the following:
- Plan, prepare and facilitate leisure and recreational activities to meet the needs of the aged care residents
- Determine each resident's psychological, social and emotional needs and identify any barriers to participation in leisure and recreational pursuits, in accordance with policy and protocols
- Train, lead, supervise and support Care Workers in delivering the Lifestyle program and expected outcomes
- Develop and display monthly activities program that reflects the abilities and preferences of residents
- Assist with the organisation of bus trips and all associated documentation and forms
- Observe, identify and report variations in residents' abilities and / or condition to a Registered Nurse
- Participate in case conferences in accordance with protocol
- Liaise with local community organisations to facilitate an interactive program for leisure activities with residents
- Certificate IV in Aged Care or Lifestyle or other suitable qualification – qualifications in Diversional Therapy are desirable
- Minimum three years' experience in a similar role in a Residential Aged Care home
- Genuine respect and a caring attitude with aged people.
- Positive attitude with an ability to lead and supervise team members is essential
- Excellent and demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and time management skills.
For more details regarding the role, please contact Alex
02 8459 8106