You will be responsible for delivering onsite education at each residence to support ongoing accreditation.
You will build relationships with stakeholders in the residences and in the head office to enable and promote communication and collaboration.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To complete audits of Infection control practices at each residence
- Assist DON's and the Clinical Care and Compliance Manager to prepare for audits to ensure ongoing compliance
- Provide clinical education, information and orientation regarding infection control and other nursing care to all Nursing staff
- Be responsible all services to best meet the practise standards, to prevent the spread of infection
- Prepare internal reports
- Co-ordinate staff health/immunisation program and maintain accurate records
- Manages outbreaks with the Quality Care and Support Manager and Director of Nursing at the residence and provide reports to the Executive team
- Attends residence clinical leadership meetings
- Monitor AMS Principles are being upheld
Skills & Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in aged care in Australia
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Australian Aged Care legislation including the Australian Aged Care Act 1997 and the Australian Quality Standards 2019
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Training or prepared to work towards
- Knowledge of Accreditation processes in Aged Care
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards with a strong focus on leading organisational compliance
- Ability to assess infection control practices, reviews results and implement improvements
- Ability to provide clinical education, information and orientation regarding infection control to all staff and residents
Sound like something you might be interested in?
To find out more about this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0409 383 033 for a confidential chat